Best AC Repair in Rolling Meadows, IL & Northwest Chicago
When you need air conditioner repair in Northwest Chicago, you don't want to wait for days or weeks to get it working correctly again! You need to call American Star. Lucky for you, we can nearly always be there the same day you call us and get your AC unit back up and running in no time.
We've been in the heating and cooling business since 1980- more than long enough to have encountered pretty much any air conditioner issue you can imagine, and have tackled them all. We're not talking about slipshod band-aid fixes, either. Our expert technicians proudly stand behind all their work, or your money back!
Give us a call today at 847-241-2834 to get your air conditioner back into perfect condition!
Signs You May Need Air Conditioner Repair
The cool relief of air conditioning is something we often take for granted until the day it starts acting up. Knowing when to call in the cavalry (or, in this case, the AC repair pros) can save you from sleepless nights and unbearable summer days. Here are some telltale signs that your AC system might be in need of some TLC:
- Inconsistent Cooling: If your once-consistent AC is suddenly playing games, offering Arctic blasts one minute and warm wafts the next, it's a clear indication that something's amiss.
- Reduced Airflow: When your air conditioner's airflow is weaker than your cat's morning stretch, it's time to investigate. Poor airflow can be due to clogged filters, duct issues, or compressor problems.
- Unusual Noises: If your AC system is performing a symphony of squeaks, clanks, or rattles, it's not just trying to serenade you. These noises can be indicative of worn-out parts, loose components, or impending breakdowns.
- Moisture Issues: Finding moisture or leakage around your AC unit can be a red flag. It may signal refrigerant leaks or drainage problems, both of which require professional attention.
- Increased Energy Bills: Suddenly noticing a spike in your energy bills? Your AC system might be working harder than necessary due to inefficiencies, a dirty filter, or other underlying issues.
- Foul Odors: If your AC unit is serving up odors reminiscent of a high school locker room, something's not right. Musty or pungent smells can signify mold or a dirty evaporator coil.
- Frequent Cycling: Is your AC system turning on and off like a nervous squirrel? This frequent cycling can wear down components and decrease efficiency.
- Age and Lack of Maintenance: Sometimes, it's not about what you see or hear but what you don't do. If your AC system is a senior citizen in appliance years (older than 10 or so) and hasn't received regular maintenance, it's time to schedule a check-up.
In all of these scenarios, it's best to consult a professional AC repair service. Attempting DIY fixes might exacerbate the issue or void your warranty. So, don't sweat it out – when you notice any of these signs, reach out to our team of experts to diagnose and fix the problem, and keep your cool all summer long.
Call In The Local Experts When You Need AC Repair Done Right
As your neighbors in Rolling Meadows, IL & Northwest Chicago, you can count on us to serve you as we would our own family. From our extraordinarily low turnover to our fabulously high reviews, all signs point to us as being the air conditioner repair experts you can trust. We've worked hard to earn our excellent reputation, and we will continue to do our utmost to keep you cool and comfortable all year long.
Give us a call today for prompt, professional AC repair at 847-241-2834